Here at New Town we often receive very positive feedback from parents and visitors alike. We would like to share these comments with you.
Just a quick note to say how fantastic the dancers from New Town were at the (Hexagon Junior Music Festival) show tonight - The children were impeccably behaved and their performance was warmly received by the audience. They should be very proud of themselves. very proud of
Hopefully they will perform again - maybe at the East Reading Festival ?
Laura Blackburn Finlay
(Member of the public)
Please can I just take the opportunity to thank you for the support you are offering your children in school. I have worked in child protection for a good while now across several authorities and New Town has stood out in terms of the safeguarding work you have contributed to.
The school has shown a good insight into threshold and not been emotive when sharing information and wanting to progress the right plan. At times when extra support is needed you have been so open to what you can do for these children and rather than a general ‘support’ agreement, have been specific about what is different about children’s access to help in school. The way in which you work, articulate concerns and record has been so vital in progressing cases. This type of engagement and the way you take responsibility for your children and have conviction in your views is a great example of good practice which makes joint working so much easier and more successful for families.
Social Worker feedback to New Town Primary School regarding Child Protection provision
Just a quick note to say a massive thank you to all involved in the Fun into Food events in your school. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at your very impressive school. The students were so polite and very well mannered. It was a pleasure to host the event. I hope all the students had fun and enjoyed the sessions.
Please can you pass on my up most thanks to the teaching, kitchen and site staff that made my time at your school run so well.
James Plumridge, Chartwells
Now that our child is leaving New Town Primary School and our families's relationship is coming to an end, we wanted to write to thank you all for everything you have done for (pupil). We have always felt more than satisfied with the education (pupil) received at New Town Primary School, but more than that we will remain ever thankful for the extracurricular activities which helped (pupil) a lot. We will always think of New Town Primary School fondly for that.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at your very impressive school. The students were so polite and very well mannered. It was a pleasure to host the event. I hope all the students had fun and enjoyed the session.
Please can you pass on my upmost thanks to the teaching, site and kitchen staff that made my time at your school run so well.
Each year we ask our parents to complete a survey about the school. We asked "When thinking about the last year at New Town, what changes or improvements have you valued the most?" Here are a sample of the parent responses form November 2016.
- New classrooms which means reduced congestion in the playground when dropping off children
- New clubs, new teachers
- My child's improvement in everything!
- It's improved in all areas. now the school is more spacious. More clubs and activities
- The refurbishments
- Education is getting better and better and the school looks good
- The school definitely looks more organised and more professional. Very happy to see the teachers are available to discuss matters with any time.
- Improvement to the school buildings. Variety of after school clubs. Behaviour between children and improvements in teacher/parent relationships
- Continuously improving
- The school is led and managed well. Our behaviour policy Respect for All.
- Wonderful staff, always there to talk. Lovely buildings
- The extra support from staff is amazing
- Challenging reading
- Since the first day I noticed that every thing is going well. Everyone is doing their duty and the school have a loyal staffing team.
- Everything, every part of the school has been renovated and given a fresh new look. All areas have had a positive impact on the overall appearance of the school. Great work team New Town :)
- Helping and assisting parents/carers with different workshops conducted by the school. The school "Open Door Policy" offered by all staff